Reminder: Metro Transit Service Updates and Special New Fare Programs Go Into Effect on June 21
On Monday, June 21, Metro Transit will make adjustments to 10 MetroBus routes and Metro Call‑A‑Ride service as part of a regular quarterly service change. In addition, Metro is also launching two new fare programs on June 21, making it easier and more affordable for transit riders to travel to their important destinations throughout the region.
On The Way With ADA
This new pilot program allows ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) paratransit customers to ride MetroLink and MetroBus for free. Qualified ADA paratransit customers can receive a special On The Way With ADA Gateway Card that is preloaded for free rides on all MetroLink trains and MetroBus routes. The pilot program runs from June 21 through December 17, 2021. For more information about the On The Way With ADA program, visit metrostlouis.org/ontheway.
$5 Metro Day Pass Promotion
Also beginning on June 21, Metro Transit is offering its Metro Day Pass for just $5, allowing transit riders to enjoy all the St. Louis region has to offer with unlimited rides in one day on MetroLink and MetroBus for one low price. The $5 Metro Day Pass is available as a mobile pass on the Transit app, and as a paper pass available for purchase at Ticket Vending Machines at Metro Transit Centers, some Schnucks stores and at MetroStore, located at the corner of 8th & Pine Streets in downtown St. Louis. The $5 Metro Day Pass promotion runs from June 21 through December 17, 2021.
Metro Call‑A‑Ride Resumes Fare Collection
On June 21, Metro Call‑A‑Ride will resume fare collection, which was temporarily suspended last year due to the COVID-19 pandemic. ADA paratransit riders will pay $2 per trip, and exact fare is required.
June 21 MetroBus Adjustments
Metro monitors and reviews feedback from riders and drivers, and uses this feedback and other trip data to make updates to MetroBus service to improve on-time performance and for more efficient MetroLink and MetroBus connections.
All Metro Transit customers are encouraged to check metrostlouis.org, Transit app or contact Metro Transit Information for updated schedule and route information. Metro Transit Information is available Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. at 314-207-9786 (text) or 314-231-2345 (phone).
New schedules and route information for the June 21 Service Change are available on the Upcoming Schedule Changes page of the Metro Transit website at metrostlouis.org/upcoming-schedule-changes.
June 21 Service Change Details
- #11 Chippewa – Weekday schedule adjustments to improve on-time performance.
- #16 City Limits – Weekday schedule adjustments to improve on-time performance of northbound service.
- #58 Chesterfield Valley – Weekday and weekend schedule adjustments to improve MetroBus connections.
- #71 Patterson-Redman – Weekday and weekend schedule adjustments, route adjustment to serve Christian Hospital.
- #73 Carondelet – Weekday schedule adjustment to northbound morning service.
- #94 Page – Weekday and weekend schedule adjustments for early morning and late night service.
- #100 Hazelwood – Weekday and weekend schedule adjustments to improve MetroBus connections at North Hanley Transit Center.
- #410 Eureka Express – Weekday schedule adjustments for westbound afternoon and evening service.
- #5 Missouri Ave. – ML King (IL) – Weekday schedule adjustments to late night service to improve MetroLink connections.
- #17 Carlyle – 17th Street (IL) – Route discontinued, replaced by Belleville Flyer service from St. Clair County Transit District. Visit scctd.org/belleville-flyer for more information.