MetroLink Work Scheduled December 3-9
MetroLink riders are encouraged to allow extra time for their evening commutes the week of December 3, and especially during the weekend, as MetroLink trains will not be operating between the Forest Park-DeBaliviere and Civic Center Stations on December 8 and December 9. MetroLink riders will be transported by bus between those stations on both dates, and they should allow an extra 20 to 30 minutes for their trips.
MetroLink Station Shuttles: December 8 and December 9
Due to work on the platform at the Central West End MetroLink Station and on the power substation at the Grand Station, MetroLink trains will not operate between the Forest Park-DeBaliviere and Civic Center Stations from the beginning of service on Saturday, December 8 to the end of service on Sunday, December 9. MetroLink Station Shuttles will transport MetroLink riders by bus between the Forest Park-DeBaliviere, Central West End, Cortex, Grand, Union Station and Civic Center Stations. MetroLink riders traveling through this area should expect delays of 20 to 30 minutes. MetroLink service outside of the affected area will operate on a 20-minute frequency. The Park-Ride lot on Scott Avenue at the Grand Station will be closed December 8 and December 9, and will reopen on December 10.
Blue Line trains will only operate between the Shrewsbury-Lansdowne I-44 and Forest Park-DeBaliviere MetroLink Stations on December 8 and December 9. Riders will need to board a Red Line MetroLink train to continue their trip to destinations east of the Civic Center Station. MetroLink will resume normal operations by the beginning of service on December 10.
Single-Track Operations: December 3 through December 7
On Monday through Friday (December 3-7) from 8 p.m. to the end of service, MetroLink will operate on a single track at the Sunnen and Maplewood-Manchester MetroLink Stations to allow crews to perform track maintenance. This work will not affect Red Line service.
- Eastbound Blue Line trains will depart 5 minutes early from the Shrewsbury-Lansdowne I-44, Sunnen and Maplewood-Manchester Stations. Eastbound Blue Line trains will operate on their normal schedule beginning at the Brentwood I-64 MetroLink Station.
- Westbound Blue Line MetroLink passengers traveling to the Maplewood-Manchester, Sunnen or Shrewsbury-Lansdowne I-44 Stations may experience delays of 5 minutes.
Also, Monday through Friday (December 3-7) from 8:00 p.m. to end of service, MetroLink will operate on a single track at the Central West End MetroLink Station to accommodate work on the station’s platform extension project. Blue Line trains will only operate between the Forest Park-DeBaliviere and Shrewsbury-Lansdowne I-44 MetroLink Stations.
- Westbound Blue Line passengers will need to board a Red Line train between the Fairview Heights and Central West End MetroLink Stations, and travel to the Forest Park-DeBaliviere Station to transfer to a Blue Line train and continue their westbound trips.
- Eastbound Blue Line passengers will need to board a Red Line train at the Forest Park-DeBaliviere Station to continue their eastbound trips.
- Red Line MetroLink passengers may experience delays of 5 minutes.
- Passengers should allow 10 minutes when transferring between Red Line and Blue Line
- Passengers transferring between MetroLink and MetroBus at the Central West End Station, please allow an extra 10 minutes due to the closure of the walkway.
For more information, contact Metro Transit Information by calling 314-231-2345 or 618-271-2345 or texting 314-207-9786, Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. During the MetroLink service outage on December 8 and December 9, Metro Transit Information will be available by text at 314-207-9786 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. that weekend.