Metro Teams Up with Schnucks for Senior Reduced Fare Permit Sign-Up Events
Metro will continue to provide area seniors with convenient opportunities to sign up for its Reduced Fare Permits by partnering with Schnuck Markets, Inc., to host a number of additional public registration events during January. Metro’s mobile registration teams will be stationed at a variety of Schnucks locations throughout the month, and area seniors living near the participating Schnucks stores are encouraged to attend the event closest to them. Metro will be on hand at the following locations:
- Tuesday, Jan. 4, from 9-11 a.m. at Schnucks Gravois, 7450 Hampton Ave., St. Louis, MO 63109.
- Tuesday, Jan. 4, from 1-3 p.m. at Schnucks City Plaza, 3431 N. Union Blvd., St. Louis, MO 63115.
- Wednesday, Jan. 5, from 10 a.m. – noon at Schnucks Ladue Crossing, 8867 Ladue Rd., Ladue, MO 63124.
- Thursday, Jan. 6, from 10 a.m. – noon at Schnucks Twin Oaks, 1393 Big Bend, Ste. 1, Ballwin, MO 63021.
- Friday, Jan. 7, from 10 a.m. – noon at Schnucks Concord Village, 5434 Southfield Center, St. Louis, MO 63123.
- Friday, Jan. 7, from 2-4 p.m. at Schnucks Bellerive Plaza, 12756 Olive Blvd., Creve Coeur, MO 63141.
- Monday, Jan. 10, from 10 a.m. – noon at Schnucks Cross Keys, 13987 New Halls Ferry, Florissant, MO 63033.
- Tuesday, Jan. 11 from 10 a.m. – noon at Schnucks Creve Coeur, 10650 Olive Blvd., Creve Coeur, MO 63141.
- Wednesday, Jan. 12 from 9-11 a.m. at Schnucks Richmond Center, 6600 Clayton Rd., St. Louis, MO 63117.
- Thursday, Jan. 13 from 9-11 a.m. at Schnucks Overland, 9074 Overland Plaza, Overland, MO 63114.
- Thursday, Jan. 13 from 2-4 p.m. at Schnucks Crestwood, 9540 Watson Rd., St. Louis, MO 63126.
- Monday, Jan. 17 from 10 a.m. – noon at Schnucks Woods Mill, 1060 Woods Mill Plaza, Chesterfield, MO 63017.
- Tuesday, Jan. 18 from 9-11 a.m. at Schnucks Brentwood, 8800 Manchester, Brentwood, MO 63144.
- Wednesday, Jan. 19 from 10 a.m. – noon at Schnucks Arsenal, 5055 Arsenal, St. Louis, MO 63139.
- Monday, Jan. 24 from 9-11 a.m. at Schnucks Westfall Plaza, 8037 W. Florissant, Jennings, MO 63136.
- Wednesday, Jan. 26 from 2-4 p.m. at Schnucks South City, 3430 S. Grand, St. Louis, MO 63118.
“We’re thrilled that Schnucks is once again a partner in our Reduced Fare initiative, and appreciate their willingness to help us make it as easy as possible for area seniors to register for their permits,” said Micah Wiles, Metro’s Marketing Coordinator. “We first partnered with Schnucks to help seniors obtain permits in 2008 when the Reduced Fare program was introduced. A significant number of seniors took advantage of those previous in-store registration opportunities, and we hope that those who don’t yet have permits will visit the stores in their communities to sign up.”
The Reduced Fare Permit allows seniors 65 and older to ride MetroBus and MetroLink for half fare. It was first introduced by Metro in 2008 in an effort to provide seniors with a standardized and convenient a way to take advantage of the affordability and convenience of public transit. At that time, more than 4,000 seniors took advantage of opportunities to sign up. The January Schnucks registration events being hosted by Metro are way to reach out to seniors who may have become eligible by age since the last round of events in early 2008. The recent service restoration also means that even more seniors can once again conveniently get where they need to go by using transit.
In addition to the upcoming registration events at area Schnucks stores, permits also can be obtained on any weekday, year round, between 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. at the Downtown MetroRide Store, located at 701 Convention Plaza (at the corner of 7th and Washington inside America’s Center). The store is served by the Convention Center MetroLink Station and the Downtown Trolley.
Metro’s free Reduced Fare Permit can only be obtained in person, and seniors will be required to present a government-issued photo identification card that verifies their age, such as a driver’s license, passport, state ID card or Alien Registration Card. Metro will take the seniors’ pictures on site, and the permit will be mailed directly to the seniors’ homes. The permits are valid for 5 years.
For more information, or to find the most convenient registration location, seniors can visit www.metrostlouis.org and click on the “Senior Reduced Fare Permit” icon on the home page. Those without Internet access can call 314-231-2345, Monday through Friday between 7:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Representatives of independent living retirement communities or other senior organizations can also contact Metro to inquire about scheduling an event at their facilities.