Saint Louis Downtown Airport Fire and Emergency Management Facility Dedication and Ribbon-Cutting
Director of Communications
WHAT: Dedication of the state-of-the-art Airport Fire Station and Emergency Management Facility.
A tour of the facility will immediately follow the dedication. Guests will be able to explore the facility, including the decontamination room and emergency operations center.
Monday, January 24, 2011 – 10:00 a.m.
Saint Louis Downtown Airport
6100 Archview Drive in Cahokia, IL 62206 (just west of Oliver’s Restaurant & Deli)
Directions to the airport are below.
Jerry Costello, United States Congressman
Susan Shea, Dir. of the Division of Aeronautics for the Illinois Department of Transportation
John Nations, Metro President and CEO
Robert McDaniel, Director of Saint Louis Downtown Airport
The Saint Louis Downtown Airport Fire Station and Emergency Management Facility will allow for larger aircraft and increased air traffic into the bi-state region. It also provides a state-of-the-art Emergency Management Center just three miles from the Gateway Arch.
In 2008, the Saint Louis Downtown Airport Fire Department was established in an unheated hangar. Prior to that, the airport relied on nearby communities for fire and rescue assistance while being ranked as one of the busiest general aviation airports in the country.
The new $5 million facility was made possible by the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA).
Directions to St. Louis Downtown Airport from downtown St. Louis:
• Cross the Poplar Street Bridge and stay in the right lane to take the Route 3 exit to Cahokia.
• Go to the third stoplight (Queeny Avenue) and turn left.
• Turn right on Nickell (for a short half-block).
• Turn right on Falling Springs Road.
• Turn left at the Airport sign onto Curtiss Steinberg Drive.
• Go over the railroad overpass to the four-way stop sign intersection.
• Go straight through the intersection and turn right on Archview Drive for the terminal parking lot.
Fire station is to the right of the terminal.
If arriving from Illinois, take I-255 Exit #15 through the Sauget Industrial Park to Curtiss Steinberg Drive and turn left toward terminal.